This popular garden center opened in 1992, north of Grand Rapids, Michigan. They provide their loyal, local customers with a beautiful variety of flowers and plants, gardening equipment, yard décor, produce, Christmas trees, wood pellets, and much more. Their property contains an approximately 7,000 square foot Greenhouse. They are located on a busy highway corridor, with 19,548 estimated daily traffic counts (CARS 2021), near Meijer, Walgreens, Wal-Mart, and other popular retailers.
They pride themselves on the quality of their products, it stands above their major competitors. Many of their customers are local, returning seasonally.
The owners are looking to retire and pass along their beloved business to someone who is passionate about gardening and their local community.
2021 Revenue: $1,600,000.00
2021 SDE: $300,000.00+
Real Estate: 7,000 square feet and 2,300 square feet Retail, and 576 square feet Cooler
Employees: 6 plus 2 owners
- Strong Customer & Vendor Relationships: Many of their customers are local, they return annually for their gardening needs. They also have maintained long-term vendor relationships, which is incredibly helpful while running their business.
- Dedicated Employees: Most of their employees have been working at the Gardens for years, they enjoy the working environment and their friendly customers.
- Community Recognition: They are a very well-known, popular business within its community. They have great potential to continue to grow within their environment.
- Diversified Product Lines: They offer so much more than plants and flowers, from landscaping materials to Christmas trees, fruits and vegetables, gifts, and seasonally they rotate their products to maintain the needs of their customers.
- Website Upgrade: Currently, the website offers a brief overview of garden products and limited information. It would be helpful for their customers to be able to shop through their product inventory online, in order to better make purchases.
- Online Sales: Their current website does not offer online sales; customers may only make their purchases in person. They have no way of knowing if their product is in stock for purchase. It would be helpful to be able to place orders online and pick them up or possibly even have their order shipped. Convenience is key, making it easier for customers to purchase would positively boost their sales.
- Additional Products and Services: They could add more seasonal options or themed product displays, They could also provide more of an experience for their customers, such as adding a petting zoo for children visitors, seasonal or holiday events. They can provide flowers or plants for weddings or other major gatherings or events.
Support & Training: The owner is willing to assist in the transition
Reason for Selling: Retirement